* Select a level area that will receive at least 6 hours of sunshine per day.
* Select a bed layout that fits the garden area. Long, narrow beds work well along the side of a house or fence. Don't be afraid to think outside the box! Your garden bed does not have to be rectangular. Consider an L-shape garden for a corner area. A U-shape garden fits well in a square or rectangular area.
* Buy quality lumber such as rough redwood or cedar that is 2" thick. Do NOT buy pressure treated lumber. You cannot have an organic garden when your beds are treated with chemicals.
* To grow vegetables, make sure the lumber is at least 12" wide-so the beds will be at least 12" tall. Anything less will inhibit root growth.
* Build custom beds that are comfortable for you. If you are tall or suffer from back problems, build tall beds so you don't have to stoop. Save your back with 20" High Raised Garden Bed Brackets.
* Make sure the bed is narrow enough that you can tend to it without stepping inside the bed. If you can reach the bed from both sides, then a width of 4' is ideal. If you can only reach the bed from one side (for example, if the other side is against a fence), make sure it is no wider than 3'.
* Each bed will need a water supply. It's easier to build one long bed, with a single water source, than multiple beds each with their own water supply.
* To build a bed with straight and sturdy corners, use Raised Garden Bed Corner Brackets.
* If the raised bed will be longer than 12', use Raised Garden Bed Center Brackets to extend the length of the bed.
* Lay galvanized wire mesh on the bottom of the bed to prevent gophers from attacking your plants from below. Fold up the edges of the mesh and press them against the inside of the lumber boards.
* Fill the beds to the brim with top quality amended soil.
artichoke, beets, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chives, cilantro, collards, dill, endive, fava beans, garlic, kale, lettuce, onions, parsley, parsnip, peas, radish, spinach, swiss chard, thyme
Rick Browning in san diego
buy in san diego Raised Bed Automatic Watering System
огород для помидоров;